IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Any usage of 3D-ICE for research, commercial or other purposes must be properly acknowledged in the resulting products or publications. Specifically, the papers under the subheading Primary Publications below must be cited appropriately.
Click here for a complete User Guide for the latest version of 3D-ICE. In addition to this, we have also provided a doxygen-based visualization of the 3D-ICE library starting with the 2.0 release. These are contained in the HTML files included in the download package that can be opened using your webbrowser.
The following is a list of published papers and presentations related to 3D-ICE, which describe the modeling theory underlying 3D-ICE.
A. Primary Publications
Below is the list of papers introducing the basic modeling theory in 3D-ICE (non-chronological). These primary publications MUST BE CITED as appropriate, whenever 3D-ICE is used in a research that leads to publications.
- F. Terraneo, A. Leva, W. Fornaciari, M. Zapater, D. Atienza, 3D-ICE 3.0: efficient nonlinear MPSoC thermal simulation with pluggable heat sink models. Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Volume 40 pp. 1-14, 2021-04-19 [PDF]
- A Sridhar, A Vincenzi, D Atienza, T Brunschwiler, 3D-ICE: a compact thermal model for early-stage design of liquid-cooled ICs, IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol 63, No. 10, October 2014. [PDF]
- A Sridhar, A Vincenzi, M Ruggiero, T Brunschwiler, D Atienza, 3D-ICE: Fast compact transient thermal modeling for 3D-ICs with inter-tier liquid cooling, Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD 2010), San Jose, CA, USA, November 7-11 2010. [PDF]
>>Slides of the 3D-ICE presentation at the International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD) 2010, November 2010 at San Jose, USA. [PDF]
- A Sridhar, A Vincenzi, M Ruggiero, T Brunschwiler, D Atienza, Compact transient thermal model for 3D ICs with liquid cooling via enhanced heat transfer cavity geometries, Proceedings of the 16th International Workshop on Thermal Investigations of ICs and Systems (THERMINIC’10), Barcelona, Spain, 6-8 October, 2010.[PDF]
B. Other publications
Below are the list of our other publications that are related to 3D-ICE, or have resulted from the usage of 3D-ICE (chronological):
- A. Iranfar, F. Terraneo, G. Csordas, M. Zapater, W. Fornaciari and D. Atienza, Dynamic Thermal Management with Proactive Fan Speed Control Through Reinforcement Learning, 2020 Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE), Grenoble, France, 2020, pp. 418-423, doi: 10.23919/DATE48585.2020.9116510 [PDF].
- M Sabry, A Sridhar, D Atienza, Y Temiz, Y Leblebici,S Szczukiewicz, N Borhani, J Thome, T Brunschwiler, B Michel , Towards thermally-aware design of 3D MPSoCs with inter-tier cooling, Design, Automation & Test in Europe (DATE’11), Grenoble, February 2011. [PDF]
- A Vincenzi, A Sridhar, M Ruggiero, D Atienza, Fast thermal simulation of 2D/3D integrated circuits exploiting neural networks and GPUs, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED) 2011, Fukuoku, Japan, 3-6 August 2011. [PDF]
- A Sridhar, A Vincenzi, M Ruggiero, D Atienza, Neural network-based thermal simulation of integrated circuits on GPUs, IEEE Transaction on Computer-Aided Design (TCAD), 2011. [PDF]
- A Sridhar, M Sabry, D Atienza, System-Level Thermal-Aware Design of 3D Multiprocessors with Inter-Tier Liquid Cooling, International Workshop on Thermal Investigations of ICs and Systems (THERMINIC’11), Paris, October 2011. [PDF]
- M Sabry, A Sridhar, D Atienza, Thermal Balancing of Liquid-Cooled 3D MPSoCs Using Channel Modulation, Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE’12), Dresden, Germany, March 2012. [PDF]
- J. Ranieri, A. Vincenzi, A. Chebira, D. Atienza, M. Vetterli, EigenMaps: Algorithms for Optimal Thermal Maps extraction and sensor placement on Multicore Processors, Design Automation Conference (DAC’12), San Francisco, 2012. [PDF]
- I. Arnaldo, A. Vincenzi, A. Rodrigo, J. Luis, J. Risco, Fast and Scalable Temperature-driven Floorplan Design in 3D MPSoCs, Latin American Test Workshop (LATW’12), Quito, Ecuador, 2012. [PDF]
- A. Vincenzi, A. Sridhar, M. Ruggiero, D. Atienza , Accelerating Thermal Simulations of 3D ICs with Liquid Cooling using Neural Networks, Great lakes symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI’12), Salt Lake City, USA, May 2012. [PDF]
- M Sabry, A Sridhar, J Meng, A Coskun, D Atienza, GreenCool: An Energy-Efficient Liquid Cooling Design Technique for 3D MPSoCs Via Channel Width Modulation, IEEE Transaction on Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 32, Nr. 4, pp. 524-537, April 2013 [PDF].