Composition of the Scientific Committee
The Scientific Committee consists of representatives of both EPFL and ZEISS.
|Dr Christoph Hauger
|Prof. Yves Bellouard
|Dr Michael Kempe (Chairman)
|Prof. Babak Falsafi
|Dr Michael Totzeck
|Prof. Negar Kiyavash
|Dr. Robert Giezendanner-Thoben
Role of the Scientific Committee
- Launch the Call for Proposals, typically once a year.
- Evaluate, suggest changes to and select the projects to be funded by ZEISS.
- Define the appropriate type of contract in accordance with ZEISS and EPFL laboratory/ies and TTO.
- Follow-up the research results and advice for potential continuation.
- Organize workshops related to the calls and projects at least once a year.
- Award the ZEISS price for the best EPFL PhD/master thesis.
- Explore, suggest, initiate and coordinate other formats of engagement between EPFL and ZEISS.