All students selected for an exchange must take a language test. The test is taken after the selection.
The language tests for German, English (except for USA/Canada and Australia), Spanish, Italian and Portuguese will take place at the Multimédia Center of the EPFL Language Centre on 6, 7, 13, 14 March 2020.
The registration to the tests is done via is-academia under the main menu “Inscription au test de mobilité” from 28 February to 5 March 2020.
The English written and oral tests for students who have been selected for an exchange to the USA or Canada will take place at the EPFL Language Centre. This test is selective, as our partner universities require level C1 in English.
– Thursday 30th January 2020 between 12pm and 5pm
– Friday 31st January 2020 between 12pm and 5pm
Written test: on Saturday 25th January 2020 from 9am to 12pm
– Germany, Austria, ETHZ : German and/or English if you plan to take courses in both languages
– Belgium: English, if flemish host university
– Brazil, Portugal : Portuguese. Except Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST) : English
– Danmark, Finland, Ireland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Norway, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Sweden, UK : English
– China, Korea, India, Singapore, Israel : English
– Chile, Spain, Mexico : Spanish
– Italy, Mendrisio : Italian. Politecnico di Torino : language of the majority of courses (Italian or English)
– Russia : test of Russian at the host university at the beginning of the exchange
– Japan : English test at EPFL + certificate of Japanese level (eg. course attestation)