All students selected for an exchange must take a language test. The test is taken after the selection.
The language tests for German, English (except for USA and Canada), Spanish, Italian and Portuguese will take place at the Language Centre.
Registration period: from 15th to 21st March 2019.
Registration to the tests is done via IS-Academia under the main menu “Inscription au test de mobilité”.
Test dates at the Multimedia Center (EMA) of the Language Centre:
Friday 22nd March 2019
Saturday 23rd March 2019
Friday 29th March 2019
Saturday 30th March 2019
The English written and oral tests for students who have been selected for an exchange to the USA or Canada will take place at the EPFL Language Centre. This test is selective, as our partner universities require level C1 in English.
- Thursday 24th January 2019 between 1pm and 4:30pm
- Friday 25th January 2019 between 1pm and 4:30pm
Written test: on Saturday 26th January 2019 from 9am to 12pm in auditorium CE 1 5.
- Germany, Austria, ETHZ : German and/or English if you plan to take courses in both languages
- Belgium: English, if flemish host university
- Brazil, Portugal : Portuguese. Except Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST) : English
- Danmark, Finland, Ireland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Norway, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Sweden, UK : English
- China, Korea, India, Singapore, Israel : English
- Chile, Spain, Mexico : Spanish
- Italy, Mendrisio : Italian. Politecnico di Torino : language of the majority of courses (Italian or English)
- Russia : test of Russian at the host university at the beginning of the exchange
- Japan : English test at EPFL + certificate of Japanese level (eg. course attestation)