Due to limited funding, we do not consider internship requests from students outside EPFL with the exception of: those seeking Master’s Thesis projects, candidates applying through EPFL’s internship programs (please apply directly without contacting us) or candidates who are fully supported by external funding.
If you are interested in a M.Sc. project please send a curriculum vita, copies of transcripts, and a cover letter all in pdf format to: [email protected]. Incomplete applications will be ignored.
We are currently recruiting PhD students and we welcome applications. We will only reply to applications that will be further considered.
- A Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field is generally required, though excellent 4-year Bachelor degree holders will also be considered.
- Research experience in a related field is desirable. Highly motivated and talented candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in English (knowledge of French, German or Italian is not required). Applicants whose first language is not English are recommended to provide results of the TOEFL and/or GRE tests, or other measure(s) of English proficiency.
A PhD position requires acceptance in the EPFL Doctoral Program of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, for which you must file an application. Contact person: Ms. Anne-Lene Odegaard ([email protected]). Candidates are invited to submit their applications prior to the three yearly deadlines (January 15th, April 30th and September 15th). Candidates will only be considered outside these deadlines under exceptional circumstances. You can apply directly and/or can also contact Prof. Luterbacher for a pre-evaluation of your profile before applying to the doctoral school. A normal PhD degree lasts 4 years.
Candidates interested in a pre-evaluation should include a curriculum vita, copies of transcripts, names and contacts of three references, and a cover letter all in pdf format. Incomplete applications will be ignored. Only those applicants that are encouraged to apply to the doctoral school will be contacted. If admitted to the doctoral school, you will be considered for an on-site interviews, which are paid by us even for international applicants. If you decide to send your application for a pre-evaluation and do not receive a reply within 3 weeks, please assume that you are not encouraged to submit an application to the doctoral school.
We are currently recruiting postdocs to work on the synthesis of new biobased polymers and surfactants. Experience in polymer chemistry and engineering would be especially welcome. Please include a curriculum vita, names and contacts of three references, and a cover letter all in pdf format. Incomplete applications will be ignored. Your cover letter should describe your research interests and describe how your research expertise could benefit the group’s and vice-versa. We will only reply to applications that will be further considered. If you do not receive a reply within two weeks, please assume that your application has been declined.
- A PhD in chemical engineering, bioengineering, chemistry or relevant discipline at the start of the position. A strong publication record in the areas of interest of the lab will be a key evaluation criterion.
- Fluency in English (knowledge of French, German or Italian is not required).
All applications may be sent to: [email protected]