The application of environmentally friendly technologies that exploit renewable energy sources is key to following international agreements for the development of low-carbon buildings and infrastructures.
How can energy geostructures be analyzed and designed from a geotechnical and structural point of view? What will be the energy performance of energy geostructures over time?
Professionals – such as civil and energy engineers, architects, urban project managers or geologists – and scientists who want to acquire knowledge on the energy, geotechnical and structural performance of energy geostructures.
FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE OF ENERGY GEOSTRUCTURES
FOUNDATIONAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN ASPECTS
DEVELOPMENT OF ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
Prof. Lyesse Laloui
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
Prof. Alessandro F. Rotta Loria
Northwestern University, Chicago, U.S.A.
Urban underground space expert, Amberg Engineering, Switzerland.
Energy expert, GI-Energy, U.S.A.
Luis de Pereda Fernández
Architect, ENERES, Spain
Contractor expert, Marti SA, Switzerland
- Understand the thermal and mechanical behaviour of energy geostructures, with reference to the latest scientific achievements
- Be able to perform the energy, geotechnical and structural design of energy geostructures
- Learn how to exploit current standards available at the European level (e.g., the so-called “Eurocodes”) for the design of energy geostructures
- Experiment with practical exercises all the key steps involved in the analysis and design process of energy geostructures
- Learn on some practical examples of recent projects worldwide
Course Participant Survey Results
The energy geostructures topic is one that I have followed for several years now – this course was an opportunity to go more deeply into the subject and to learn about recent case histories.
Great balance of course topics in covering (in just 3 days) some of the theoretical, design and practical challenges.
Impeccable organization and attention to detail.
- In-person (EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland) or online
- In-person: 3 day course, 8h00 – 17h00 CET
Online: Available between the 6th and 20th of November
- No specific experience with energy geostructures is needed.
Basic knowledge of soil and structural mechanics.
Participants should bring their own laptop (for use during the practical application exercises)
- 1900 CHF
- Registration deadline
- September 18, 2023
The number of in-person participants is limited (first come, first served)
- [email protected]