Full-time postdoc position in the History of Science and Technology at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
The Laboratory for the History of Science and Technology (LHST) at EPFL invites applications for one full-time postdoc position. We welcome scholars with a research project in any aspect of the history of science and technology (excluding medicine), in any region of the world, in the modern period (1750 to today).
The successful candidate will work closely with members of the group and will contribute to the intellectual life of the lab. They will have ample time to pursue their own research project and will be expected to apply for fellowships and grants during their tenure.
- Applicants should hold a PhD degree in a field relevant to research in the history of science and technology.
- Fluent English; French and/or German an asset.
- Interest in working in a multidisciplinary, international environment.
- Candidates of all nationalities are invited to apply; applications from women are especially welcome.
What we offer:
- LHST is a young and dynamic lab with an interdisciplinary perspective (history, history of science and technology, STS, anthropology) and an interest in methodological exploration (experimental history and performative methods, digital history). The lab hosts a rich collection of historical scientific instruments.
- EPFL provides an excellent and stimulating research and teaching environment as well as a dynamic and lively international campus with a vibrant student life.
- Located on Lake Geneva, Lausanne is a picturesque city with various possibilities for recreational and cultural activities.
Starting date: Flexible. We expect to fill the position before Spring 2024.
Duration: 4 years.
Terms of employment: Fixed-term at 100% work rate. EPFL offers internationally competitive salaries and generous research support. The annual gross salary for a first-year postdoctoral researcher is CHF 86,100.
Deadline for application: Review of applications will begin on September 10, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
Contact: Applicants should submit, as a single PDF document: (i) a cover letter (explaining qualifications, accomplishments in research and teaching, and outlining their planned research project); (ii) a detailed curriculum vitae to [email protected]. For more information about the position, please contact [email protected].