The offices of the Laboratory of Computational Neuroscience are located on the 2nd floor of the AI building at EPFL Lausanne Campus.
Laboratory of Computational Neuroscience (LCN)
Building AI, offices 2100/2101/2200/2201
Professor Gerstner’s Office – SV 2806
Administrative Assistant’s Office – AAB 143
- At the EPFL metro station, head towards the underground exit, turn left at the bottom, and then go straight up the stairs and continue straight.
- A plaza opens up on the right- continue straight past the next building on the right, then take a right towards the building marked “SV”.
- As the LCN offices are located in a restricted access building, use the phone in the lobby to contact the office. Someone can then come and meet you.
See the Swiss Railway website for details and timetables.
- From Lausanne train station, take the M2 metro from the CFF train station (entrance next to McDonalds), direction Les Croisettes. Get off at Flon stop. Change there to get the M1 metro, direction Renens. There are frequent departures.
- From Renens train station, take the M1 metro in the Flon direction.
- Get off at the stop marked EPFL. The big buildings (when the train approaches) are the EPFL.
If for any reason you do not have you transportation pass, buy a ticket for CHF 3.70 from one of the vending machines (2 zones). This ticket is valid for one hour and includes an unlimited number of changes. You can also send a text message (SMS) to the number 456, with the message GL to obtain this ticket, charged to your phone bill.
In Switzerland highways are labelled by green signs and are composed of the letter A followed by the corresponding number. You must buy a 40 CHF windscreen sticker (one year validity) at the border or petrol stations.
- From Airport Geneva-Cointrin, take highway A1 to Lausanne.
- From Airport Zurich-Kloten, take highway A1 to Bern. Then follow A12 – A9 to Lausanne.
- From Airport Basel-Mulhouse, follow highway A3 to Basel. Then take A2 – A1 to Bern and after A12 – A9 to Lausanne.
Follow the direction to Lausanne sud and take the exit Université-EPFL.
- Visitors parking spots are marked with white lines – see location of visitors parking here.