Development is a generic term. This page describes business trips and accelerators. These supports help start-ups to develop.
ventureleaders. Take the first step to global expansion. The ten-day business development program is specifically structured to help achieve this goal.
EPFL is a co-organizer of the European Venture Program with TU/e (Eindhoven), TUM (Munich) and DTU (Copenhagen). Reserved to EPFL students
The local cantonal bank BCV has followed with the Silicon Valley Startup Camp which offers a short trip to ten young students.
Innosuisse & Swissnex: Acceleration Trips
Market Validation Camp is geared towards early stage startups looking to test their product and business model in ecosystems outside of Switzerland. 1 week – 1month in the startup hub
Market Entry Camp. An accelerating program ffor Swiss startups who are serious about entering a market abroad. 1 to 3 months in the startup hub.
Contact local Swissnex office: SF, Boston, NY, Brazil, China, India or the global swissnex.org
EPFL & Swissnex: Acceleration Camp
From 2018, members of the EPFL ecosystem have the possibility to benefit from 2 desks at Swissnex SanFrancisco. This gives the chance to entrepreneurs to test their product in the US market as well as organising meetings with US investors. For more information: contact [email protected]
- Kickstart Accelerator. 11-week program which is open to the best international early-stage startups with a promising prototype within our 6 verticals: FinTech, Food, Robotics, Smart Cities, Healthcare, EdTech. In Zürich, Basel & Lausanne
- Swiss Startup Factory. From ideas to market in 3 months.Expert input sessions, 1to1 mentor sessions, a collaborative work environment, expert pitch training, and the best network of entrepreneurs & investors. Based in Zürich
- MassChallenge Switzerland. Each year, MassChallenge awards up to $2m in equity-free cash prizes to help high-impact startups succeed. Based in Renens
- Fintech Fusion. 3 industry-shaping vertical accelerators
- F10. F10 is a Zurich based FinTech Incubator and Accelerator that supports and guides Startups in transforming their ideas into successful companies, all the while stimulating worldwide collaboration with international finance organizations.
- Biopole Startlab. The best start for life science entrepreneurs. Based in Lausanne.
- ESA BIC CH: 2-year program for start-ups that are younger than 5 years, registered in Switzerland, which have or can come up with a space connection. The incubated start-ups receive 200’000 € in non-dilutive funding and access to a broad network offering business and technical support. Start-ups from all over Switzerland are welcome to apply. Selection rounds take place twice a year.
Outside of Swizerland:
- Ycombinator. Y Combinator created a new model for funding early stage startups.
- Techstars. Each year, it chooses over 300 companies to join our three month mentorship-driven accelerator, investing $120K and providing hands-on mentorship and access to the Techstars Network for life.
- Startup Bootcamp. A global family of 21 industry-focused programs support startups with direct access to an international network of the most relevant mentors, partners and investors to help them scale.
- Seedcamp. It invests early in world-class founders attacking large, global markets and solving real problems using technology.