Mandated by EPFL’s Office of the President, the Respect Cell is the body that evaluates formal complaints relating to psychological and sexual harassment at EPFL. It examines the need for a formal investigation and makes recommendations for action.
The Respect Cell comprises five experts and a coordinator who supports their work:
- Claudia Noth, Director of Human Resources
- Kathryn Hess Bellwald, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Outreach
- Françoise Chardonnens, Director of Legal Affairs
- Luisa Lambertini, Associate Vice President for Post-Graduate Education
- Eric Du Pasquier, Safety, Prevention and Health Delegate
- Ofelia Tursi, Coordinator of the Respect Cell
Contact for the Respect Cell
You can contact de Respect Cell or submit formal complaints by sending an email to [email protected]
Alternatively, you can report a case to the EPFL ombudsperson.
2021 Annual Report
With the release of its first publicly available annual report, EPFL’s Respect Cell is reinforcing its visibility, effectiveness, and transparency.
Information about the procedure and the person reporting a situation will be kept confidential as far as possible. However, confidentiality will be waived in cases where disclosure of information is mandatory under legal or regulatory provisions, judicial procedures, or in order to protect the overriding interests of EPFL or the public. The identity of the person reporting a situation will be disclosed to the persons in charge of the procedure.