Rolex Learning Center
Designed by the internationally acclaimed Japanese architectural practice, SANAA, the Rolex Learning Center is a laboratory for learning, a library with 500,000 volumes and an international cultural hub for EPFL. Spread over one single fluid space of 20,000 sq metres, it provides a seamless network of services, libraries, information gathering, social spaces, spaces to study, restaurants, cafés and beautiful outdoor spaces, open to both students and the public.
A highly innovative building, it was made possible by a combination of public funds and private sponsorship.
ArtLab brings a new dynamic to the heart of the EPFL campus. The new building and its 250-meter long roof reveals three distinct spaces and programs, all dedicated to intersections between science, the arts and culture and providing EPFL with a new societal hub.
Situated at the heart of the campus and surrounded by emblematic buildings and the main entrance to EPFL, the place Cosandey will soon undergo an incredible transformation. Designed by the students themselves, and financed thanks to central EPFL funds and donations, the Place will breathe life into the heart of the campus. Thanks to generous support from the Lombard Odier Foundation, the area will include a 800-seat ampitheatre or ‘Agora’ for concerts and other gatherings.
Sports and Health Center
The Sports and Health Center opened its new wing in 2012, offering a range of equipment and coaching for both amateur and professional sports people.
The Center is a joint project between UNIL and EPFL together in partnership with the BCV, CHUV and Canton de Vaud.
Center for Biomedical Imaging (CIBM)
The Center for Biomedical Imaging (CIBM) is the result of a major research and teaching initiative between EPFL, the Université de Lausanne (UNIL), Université de Genève (UNIGE), the Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève (HUG) and the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois (CHUV). The CIBM was created with the generous support from the Fondation Leenaards and Fondation Louis-Jeantet.
Adrien Palaz Auditorium
Located in the ME building designed by architect Dominique Perrault, which also hosts interdisciplinary labs and a test room for drones, this 70-seat auditorium is named after Adrien Palaz, Director of the École d’Ingénieurs de l’Université de Lausanne (ancestor school of EPFL) from 1898 to 1904, Founder of the Lausanne Tramway Company in 1895, Representative of Switzerland at the International Electrical Congress in Chicago in 1893 and major craftsman of the electrification of Switzerland and France in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.