At present the EPFL accepts Prof Boursiers candidates even if they are not nominated as EPFL Tenure Track Assistant Professors. However, to obtain their official support for the Fonds National application, candidates should pass a pre-selection process.
In Physics, the selection process works as follows:
- The candidate should discuss his/her application well ahead of time with a possible host professor, and with the Director of the Institute of Physics (Prof. Harald Brune, [email protected]).
- The candidate should submit his/her file (including CV, publication list, research statement, teaching statement, indication of references, motivation letter, letter of support of host professor) to the Director of the Institute of Physics(Prof. Harald Brune, [email protected]) by the end of January.
- The Executive Committee of the Institute discusses the cases on the basis of the strategic interests, and establishes a short list of candidates to be interviewed.
- The Executive Committee invites the shortlisted candidates for an interview in front of the Assembly of Professors (around the beginning of February)
- After the interviews, the Executive Committee proposes to the FSB Dean a list of candidates to be supported in their Fonds National Prof. Boursier application.
Please note that the dates are indicative and need to be adapted every year to the application deadline for the SNSF professorships.
Next SNSF Eccellenza Professorial Fellowships, application deadline has been fixed to February 1st, 2020 (5 p.m. Swiss local time).