Launched in 2005 with the support of Lombard Odier, Innogrants financed more than 100 teams et help to create 80+ start-ups. These start-ups subsequently received more than CHF 300M in additional grants and equity. Innogrant are in the form of an EPFL salary.
Apply for an Innogrant
- We fund people, and not ideas
- We fund entrepreneurs and project owners and less team members.
- An innogrant is a maximum of CHF100’000
- mostly in the form of an EPFL salary. If you are not an EPFL employee, you will have to find a hosting laboratory. Be aware that we have to follow the rules of EPFL employability – salary grids, 6-year limit for PhDs, …
- Your project should be in the very early stage
- even if the start-up already exists. Innogrant is usually the first funding of the project.
- Be sure
- we will handle your proposal with the highest professionalism and ethics, in particular confidentiality.
Applicants should be aware that this support might have an impact on the licensing of intellectual property generated during the project (according to the general rules of EPFL). We encourage you to have a look at the EPFL Technology Transfer office “start-up” web pages and for any question relative to licensing, don’t hesitate to contact them.
If you think your project deserves support, please contact us.
The selection process is described below.
The selection process
- If you believe your project can be supported with an Innogrant, please contact us.
- We will answer you as soon as possible and will propose to meet with you. The final decision is taken by the Innogrant committee, which members are listed below.
- After analyzing your project, we will make a recommendation to the committee, which will decide about you making a presentation during one of its monthly meetings. This presentation will induce the filling of a short Innogrant application that we will send you as well as you sending your presentation a few days before the committee meeting.
- The committee will decide about the Innogrant based on the quality of your project as well as the Innogrant yearly budget. Be aware that we receive about 80-90 requests per year fot about 10 grants.
|George Candea||Professor IC|
|Isabel Casado||TTO / Enable|
|André Catana||TTO / Enable|
|Gaétan de Rassenfosse||Professor CDM|
|Alberto Di Consiglio||TTO|
|Ruediger Fahlenbrach||Professor CDM|
|Volker Gass||Professor Space Center|
|Lan Zuo Gillet||EPFL Innovation Park|
|Elena Goun||Professor SB|
|Jeffrey Huang||Professor ENAC / IC|
|Jan Kerschgens||NCCR Robotics|
|Silvestro Micera||Professor STI|
|Christophe Moser||Professor STI|
|William-F. Pralong||Professor SV|
|Oleg Yazyev||Professor SB|