Faites une thèse EPFL en Neurosciences!
ANNUAL APPLICATION DEADLINES
April 15th (new!) with Hiring Days June 19-21 and
November 15th with Hiring Days January 22-24 2020
EDNE PhD Program application process
- Check out the open positions (see below) – Contact the lab offering the open position.
- On-line application here.
- Please select a minimum of 3 up to a maximum of five (5) Labs of interest on the on-line application. This is especially important if the lab has posted an open position below and is mandatory for our selection process.
- If your dossier is reviewed positively by the PhD program commission members, you will be selected to participate in the Hiring Days.
- EDNE does not require TOEFL or GRE, however, a master’s is necessary before starting a PhD.
- Which Deadline?? If you are selected at either of the Hiring Days (2nd round of selection with interviews) , your offer is good for one year. You will then negotiate with your thesis director an official start date sometime during that year and begin your course work at the next appropriate time. There is no official start date tied to the application deadlines.
OPEN POSITIONS for the April 15th deadline
- Herzog Laboratory of Psychophysics – 1 position – We are looking for a student interested in spatio-temporal visual processing. A good background in psychophysics, modeling or imaging (eg EEG) is required.
- Ramdya Laboratory of Neuroengineering – 2 positions – Investigation of the nervous system of the fly, Drosophila melanogaster, to understand how behaviors are controlled and to design more intelligent robots and prosthetics. Everyday we use custom microscopes, transgenic animals, computational models, and insect-inspired robots. Join us! There is much to discover!
- Sandi Laboratory of Behavioral Genetics – 2 positions
All BMI Labs are interested in excellent candidates even if they are not advertising an open position.
- Aebischer Laboratory of Neurodegeneration
- Blanke Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Courtine Laboratory of Spinal Cord Repair
- Gerstner Laboratory of Computational Neuroscience
- Ghezzi Laboratory of Neuro Engineering
- Gräff Laboratory of Neuroepigenetics
- Herzog Laboratory of Psychophysics of Visual Processing
- Hess Laboratory of Topology and Neuroscience
- Hill Laboratory in the Blue Brain Project
- Hummel Laboratory of Neurotechnology and Human-Machine Interaction
- Knott Laboratory of Bio Electron Microscopy
- Lashuel Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology and Neuroproteomics
- Markram Laboratory of Neural Microcircuitry, Blue Brain Project
- McCabe Laboratory of Neural Genetics and Disease
- Petersen Laboratory of Sensory Processing
- Ramdya Laboratory of Neuroengineering
- Sandi Laboratory of Behavioral Genetics
- Schneggenburger Laboratory of Synaptic Mechanisms
- Schürmann Laboratory in the Blue Brain Project