Internships have several goals such as:
- the immersion of the student in the professional world
- emphasizing the importance of team work
- getting acquainted with company processes
- understanding the skills required of a professional engineer
Students undertake their internship in a company or in a non-academic organization. The internship lasts from 4 to 6 months and takes place after two semesters of the Master cycle and just before the Master’s project.
The coordination office provides support to students to guide them in their search. This includes:
- a list of internship proposals
- courses on job applications
- one-to-one appointments to discuss their application documents
More information on internships can be found on the “EPFL internships portal“.
Students also have the choice to complete a Minor (30 credits among the minors proposed at EPFL) instead of an internship. The Master’s project must then be conducted in non-academic organization. Master’s projects are not organized by the internship coordination office but directly by the Section (see “Master’s project” web page).
Contact: Mrs Anne Lene Odegaard