Students may complete their third year of study at the ETH, in different European universities (Germany, Spain, Norway, Sweden …) as well as various non-European countries (USA, Canada, India, Singapore, Australia). The conditions are

  • having completed the propaedeutic year at EPFL
  • having a minimum average of 4.5 (ETHZ, Europe) and 5.0 (excluding Europe) of the examination of the foundation year
  • having completed all credits of branches from 2nd year of Bachelor in one academic year.

Powerpoint presentation of the SIE-information session of 6th November 2019

  • Double Diplomas
  • DTU – EPFL 1:1 MSc Program in Environmental Engineering at Technical University of Denmark.

    Exchange during the 2nd year of the master (fall semester and master thesis).

    Selection based on the application files of students with an EPFL bachelor. Program Presentation.

  • Minor  “Territorial Development and Urban Planning” (DTU) at Université Laval (Canada) in the fall semester. List of coursesavailable at Laval in the fall 2013. Selection based on application files.

The master project can be done in an institution outside EPFL in Switzerland or abroad. The conditions are

  • getting all the credits for the Master program
  • have a commitment from an EPFL professor affiliated with the Section of Environmental Science and Engineering to supervise the work and the agreement of SIE section.

On the Academic Service (SAC) website, you can find the list of locations for which exchanges are offered, the reports describing the experiences of previous students, the exchange procedure, as well as the application form to be completed, signed and submitted to the SAE.

For the section:

– On this Study plan, mark the “similar” courses that you will take during your exchange and add the courses that do not correspond to any SIE courses. Note the code, the number of contact hours and the number of credits for each course. The total number of credits must match the requirement of the host country.

– Complete the on-line form in IS-Academia (portail étudiant), under “Candidature échange”, “postuler pour un échange”.

– Establish the learning agreement (list of courses) for your 1st choice of university (in the form), print it, obtain the approval and the signature of the exchange coordinator of your section.

For additional information, please contact the responsible person for Mobility in the section: Pierre-Yves Gilliéron, Deputy Head of SIE