Water and Soil
- Urban hydrology: concepts and principles of water management in urban areas, modeling of water and hydraulic systems, collection and drainage of water, management strategy and development principles.
- Bioengineering of watercourses and natural systems: concepts of arrangements of watercourse, technologies of revitalization and renaturation, bioengineering, principles of creating or protecting the habitats, etc …
- Integrated water management based on an ecosystem approach, both at quantitative and qualitative level and also concern much about the surface water and groundwater.
- Hydrological risks and development: identifying risks, hazards and dangers, vulnerability analysis, preventive methods, mitigation and principles of crisis.
- Methodologies of environmental measures: especially in soil and hydrological characterization, modern aspects of hydrogeophysics in characterization and management of soil and water resources.
- Management of the water regime of soil: methods and techniques for correcting the water regime of soils suffering from a lack of water (irrigation) or from an excess water (drainage).
- Numerical ecology: analysis and modeling of multi-dimensional ecological data
- Climate changes and impacts: understanding the implicated factors, prediction and mitigation measures
- Management and restoration of ecosystems: Achievement, management, restoration of different ecosystems: prairie, forestry, wetlands.
The engineer specializing in engineering of water, soil and ecosystems will be open to wide career prospects given its solid and broad interdisciplinary skills to understand the dynamics of geosystems, to manage and develop these vital resources: soil, water and ecosystems, as part of respect for the environmental and sustainable development. The student will be able to perform at the engineering and consulting businesses, government and public authorities, companies and industries, research institutions or international organizations involved in the protection of natural resources. He/She will be particularly well trained to tackle problems and find appropriate solutions to the major problems and topical meetings in these areas in the developed and developing countries.