The mission of the Gender Equality Working Group (ENGW) is to increase the number of women faculty members at the EPFL School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering (ENAC). The strategy to achieve this goal is two-pronged: (a) ensure active identification of women candidates and (b) participate in faculty search committees to promote the implementation of equal opportunities policies at EPFL.
The ENGW works in collaboration with the Equal Opportunities Office at EPFL.
ENGW members are requested to carry out the following tasks:
- Increase the recruitment pool of outstanding women candidates: This can be accomplished by seeking recommendations for outstanding early career women from colleagues.
- One member of ENGW will participate in each faculty search committee. A big part of this task is to actively seek input from other committee members for potential women candidate. Another is to monitor gender balance in recruitment procedures.
Three members of each ENAC Institute participate to the ENGW.
For any further information, please contact us by e-mail at: gender.equality.enac[at]epfl.ch
Rizlan Bernier-Latmani (IIE), Coordinator
Lucia Baldi, Assistant
- Nikolaos Geroliminis (IIC)
- Ian Smith (IIC)
- Katrin Beyer (IIC)
- Michael Lehning (IIE)
- Andrea Rinaldo (IIE)
- Corentin Fivet (IA)
- Jeffrey Huang (IA)
- Jerôme Chenal (IA)
- Luca Ortelli (IA)
Members 2014 – 2017
- Equal Opportunities Office – EPFL
- Open faculty positions at EPFL and faculty recruitment procedures
- Strategy 2017-2010 for Gender Balance and Equal Opportunities for Women and Men in the ETH Domain
- Open faculty positions at EPFL
- The NEWS channel of the Equal Opportunities office – EPFL
- EPFL WISH Foundation
- UNINE Relève Académique – An initiative of the Equal Opportunity Offices from the Universities of French-speaking Switzerland.
- Carriere2.ch Dual academic careers Carriere2 aims to help dual-career couples in their integration within the Latin Swiss universities.
- The Women Professors Forum at ETH – now accepting members from EPFL!
- The Réseau romand de mentoring pour femmes, a joint project of the Offices for Gender Equality of the universities of Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchâtel, the USI and the EPFL.
- Fix the leaky pipeline : a support program for women in their scientific careers.
- The Swiss Association of Women Engineers (Schweizerische Vereinigung der Ingenieurinnen, SVIN)
- For Women in Science: sign the L’Oréal-Unesco petition here.
- Read about the story and activity of women geoscientists on this web site.
- Society of Women Engineers website
- The European Platform of Women Scientists
- The INTEGER project (Institutional Transformation for Effecting Gender Equality in Research – EC funded) to improve the position and progression of women researchers through the implementation of gender action plans
- LERU (League of European Research Universities) gender conference 2018 devoted to explore implicit bias in academia
- Read the LERU report on implicit bias in academia (Jan 2018)