The mission of the ENAC Gender Equality Working Group (ENGW) is to ensure that ENAC provides an environment where everyone can thrive and where gender representation progresses towards equality.
The strategy to achieve these goals includes identifying and addressing issues relevant to ENAC members from the students (BA, MA), PhD students and post-docs, and permanent staff (administrative, scientific, and technical).
ENGW works in collaboration with the Equal Opportunities Office at EPFL as well as the Vice President for Responsible Transformation.
The working group is composed of three professors from each ENAC institute and is committed to working with representatives from all groups at ENAC.
For further information, please contact us at [email protected]
Current ENGW members:
Previous members 2017– 2020
- Equal Opportunities Office – EPFL
- Open faculty positions at EPFL and faculty recruitment procedures
- Strategy 2017-2010 for Gender Balance and Equal Opportunities for Women and Men in the ETH Domain
- Open faculty positions at EPFL
- The NEWS channel of the Equal Opportunities office – EPFL
- EPFL WISH Foundation
- UNINE Relève Académique – An initiative of the Equal Opportunity Offices from the Universities of French-speaking Switzerland.
- Carriere2.ch Dual academic careers Carriere2 aims to help dual-career couples in their integration within the Latin Swiss universities.
- The Women Professors Forum at ETH – now accepting members from EPFL!
- The Réseau romand de mentoring pour femmes, a joint project of the Offices for Gender Equality of the universities of Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchâtel, the USI and the EPFL.
- Fix the leaky pipeline : a support program for women in their scientific careers.
- The Swiss Association of Women Engineers (Schweizerische Vereinigung der Ingenieurinnen, SVIN)
- For Women in Science: sign the L’Oréal-Unesco petition here.
- Read about the story and activity of women geoscientists on this web site.
- Society of Women Engineers website
- The European Platform of Women Scientists
- The INTEGER project (Institutional Transformation for Effecting Gender Equality in Research – EC funded) to improve the position and progression of women researchers through the implementation of gender action plans
- LERU (League of European Research Universities) gender conference 2018 devoted to explore implicit bias in academia
- Read the LERU report on implicit bias in academia (Jan 2018)