Dear BIOP users,
In order to minimize the risk of spreading the Corona Virus, the following rules apply from now on until further notice for the usage of the BIOP:
- Before starting to work, it is recommended to clean the workspace (including the mouse, the keyboard and the eye piece of the microscope) with 70% ethanol solution.
- Keep in mind that the eye might be an entry-point for the virus. We recommend the use of safety-glasses in order to avoid direct contact with the eye-pieces.
- Minimize the use of the eye-piece as much as possible. Use the cameras instead.
- Eating and drinking in the rooms of the BIOP is strictly forbidden.
- Only the person who has booked the microscope is allowed to enter the rooms of the BIOP in order to respect the measure of social distancing and be able to contact users in case of an infection.
- Booking rules:
- Do not book for more than two weeks in advance.
- One reservation throughout the main working hours (Monday-Friday 08:00-18:00) per instrument and user.
- Avoid booking the entire time-slot from 08:00-18:00 during the main working hours in particular if you do a reoccurring reservation.
- Delete your slot as early as possible if you do not need it.
Do not hesitate to get in contact with one of the BIOP collaborators in case you have questions regarding the safety rules.
Your BIOP team