To be read first:
- WARNING!!! Shock Hazard!!! The intermediate BNC connectors, as well as the probe arms are driven to the test voltage (guard shield method) during measurement. For this reason the maximum DC voltage is limited to +/- 40V (security interlock closed by default).
- Cascade micro-probes are precision instruments with fine mechanical movements. Please manipulate them with care. Do not use the probes for mechanical testing or machining.
- In case of damaged or contaminated probe tip, contact the CMi staff. Do not try to clean or to change a tip without discussing with the staff.
- Please immediately inform the CMi staff in case of problems with the equipment.
RESERVATION RULES AND BOOKING FEES POLICY:
- No booking restrictions.
- 24/7 booking/use is possible with CMi+1 extended access.
- Reservation names must correspond to operators.
The Süss Microtec PM8 probe station available at CMi is designed for electrical testing on wafers or chips, with a maximum of 4 independent terminals + additionnal chuck grounding. The chuck is compatible with wafer sizes ranging from 2 inch to 8 inch. A microscope with 3 objectives and digital camera is used to center the probe tips on the contact pads. Three axis movement of the probe tips with the “cascade” manual micro-probes allows soft and precise mechanical contact on the pads.
This probe station is coupled to an AGILENT Semiconductor Parameter Analyser 4155C to perform DC-like characterization of various microelectronic devices under test (resistance, diodes, transistors)..
The equipment consists in:
PM8 Probe Station:
- Fine-glide chuck stage on highly stable granite base with 200mm x 200mm and 10mm x 10mm coarse and fine X-Y travel range.
- Microscope turret with large travel range and 3 objectives for magnification with additional zoom option. Occulars or monitor viewing options.
- Connected to micro-probes (Cascade PM100) with interchangeable tungsten (W) contact tips (two different diameter available).
- Additional electrical connection to the chuck for conductive substrates.
- Agilent 4155C Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer with 4x Medium-power SMU, 2xVSU and 2xVMU.
- Measurement capabilities: +/- 200 Volts and +/- 1 Amp High-Power SMU with 10 femtoamp and 0.2 microvolt measurement resolution.
- Includes Desktop EasyEXPERT software for PC-based GUI instrument control.
- A switching box allows rapid switching of electrical connections from the SMUs to micro-probes BNC cables.
- 6 configuration options are available for standard applications such as FET, bipolar transistors, diodes, 2-points and 4-points general measurements