Preliminary and fundamental remarks:
- SAFETY OPERATOR MANUAL TO OPERATE ON CMi WETBENCHES (HERE)
UFT Resist in zone 2 is dedicated to clearing layers of photoresist only. It is NOT aimed at proceeding to metal lift-off ! UFT Resist in zone2 must stay free of metallics.
For metal lift-off, Plade bench Zone1 or Solvent bench in Zone13 must be used.
UFT Resist clears photoresist through two identical and successive baths of REM1165 (NMP) heated at 70°C.
- Activate the heating system of both baths filled with Remover 1165 (it should take approximately 30 min to rise up to 70°C from room temperature).
- Load the wafers in one of the Remover dedicated Teflon carrier and put the handle on.
- Wear nitrile gloves before going further.
- Once the temperature (70°C) is reached, gently plunge the carrier into the first bath filled with Remover 1165.
- Start the timer by using the button “Timer 1”. Don’t change the duration of the timer!
- After 5 min, a buzzer indicates the end of the first treatment. Press the button “Alarm Silence” to stop it and to reset the timer.
- Move the carrier to the second bath filled with Remover 1165.
- Start the timer by using the button “Timer 2”. Don’t change the duration of the timer!
- After 5 min, another buzzer indicates the end of the second treatment. Press again the button “Alarm Silence” to stop it and to reset the timer.
- Move the carrier to the QDR bath.
- Press the button “QDR” to start the first rinsing cycle. At the end of it, press “Alarm Silence” to stop the buzzer.
- Move the carrier to the Cascade bath.
- Press the button “CASCADE” to start the second rinsing cycle. At the end of it, press “Alarm Silence” to stop the buzzer.
- Clean all surfaces of the wet bench with a moist tissue (3 x cleaning/rinsings are necessary).
- Remove the handle and put the carrier in the spin rinser and dryer SRD by using the recipe “Dry only”. Just press STOP and the START.
- Dry the entire wet bench with absorbent papers.
- Stop the heating system of baths 1 and 2 filled with Remover 1165.
- When the SRD is finished, get the wafers back and put the carrier where it belongs.
- Carefully check the cleanliness of the wet bench before taking off nitrile gloves.
- Perform wet bench logout on zone 2 computer.