The Ecole Supérieure Multinationale des Télécommunications (ESMT) located in Dakar, was created in 1981 on the initiative of seven West African countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, Togo), within the framework of a project of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), with the support of the ITU, and French and Swiss cooperation. Guinea Conakry joined the founding members in 1998.
To date, the ESMT has made available to African companies and institutions, more than 8000 technicians, engineers and operational managers, experienced in technical and managerial standards, necessary to design and manage solutions for Telecommunications / ICT and digital.
The ESMT is a Center of Excellence of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) since 2000 and member of the three (3) sectors of the ITU (2013). It is a member of CAMES.
Its governance is ensured by : A Council of Ministers, a Board of Directors and a General Management.
- Telecommunications Works Engineer (IGTT), with the following options:
- Design Engineer (INGC)
- Project Engineer in Computer Science and Telecommunications (IG-IT) (evening classes)
Professional Master’s degree (Master’s degrees are not yet recognized by CAMES)
- Professional Master in Networks and Telecommunications
- Professional Master in Telecommunications and Computer Science (evening classes)
- Professional Master in Telecommunications Management (evening classes)
- Master in ICT Policy and Regulation (online)
ESMT offers capacity building sessions for staff of enterprises and institutions in the form of seminars, certification, regional workshops, conferences, fora and on-demand training.
Research & Innovation
The ESMT develops applied research activities in different themes related to telecommunications/ICT.