CISBAT Workshop 2023
The workshop on digital twins of buildings and cities will offer a unique opportunity for scientists and urbanists to explore the potential of digital twins in transforming the way we design, operate, and manage buildings and cities.
Digital twins are virtual replicas of physical assets, systems, or processes that simulate and predict their performance, behavior, and interactions in real-time. Participants will gain insights into the latest advancements in digital twin technology and their practical applications in areas such as energy efficiency, sustainability, and resilience. The workshop will also examine the challenges and limits of digital twin technology, drawing on concrete examples to encourage participants to think creatively and collaboratively about potential solutions and strategies.
- 10h45 – 11h10 Academic Presentation on the topic of Digital Twin, from the Resilient Steel Structures Laboratory (RESSLab) of Prof. Dimitrios Lignos: Dr. Nenad Bijelic.
- 11h10 – 11h35 Presentation of the URBANTWIN research program: Georgios Sarantakos.
- 11h35 – 12h00 Pix4D Presentation: Dr. Martin Rehak, Head of Geospatial Products.
- 12h00 – 12h30 Roundtable:
- Dr. Nenad Bijelic, EPFL, Lab of Dimitrios Lignos
- Georgios Sarantakos, URBANTWIN
- Dr. Christoph Strecha, Pix4D CEO
Moderation by Dr. Jan Kerschgens, Executive Director EPFL Center for Intelligent Systems (CIS).
- When: 14 September 2023, 10h45-12h30
- Where: Swisstech Convention Center, Room 5ABC, Garden Level.