Call for Proposals: CIS Collaboration Grant
CIS Collaboration Grant call 2022 for proposals in
The CIS Collaboration Grant was set up in 2020 to support the launch of new research endeavors within the field of « Intelligent Systems » under the umbrella of CIS. At least two professors develop a joint proposal. The grant budget shall be used for the financing of a postdoc position. The respective postdoc will be attached to two or more labs of EPFL thus promoting the exchange between labs and different faculties of EPFL. Further the CIS Collaboration grantee, supervised by professors affiliated with CIS, can contribute to the preparation, submission and implementation of larger collaborative projects between EPFL and its partners through CIS.
CIS Collaboration Grant Application Process:
- Application teams have to be constituted of at least two labs of EPFL as set forth in the GTCs.
- The pre-proposal includes a letter of intent of max. two pages with the project outline and SNSF style DORA-compliant CV for all involved parties.
- The CIS Scientific Committee will review all received proposals and provide feedback by email within 2 weeks.
- Selected proposals will be invited to present their projects during one of our next CIS Scientific Committee meetings.
- After the project proposal pitches to the Scientific Committee the proposal teams can submit within 2 weeks up to 3 pages of comments to the feedback received during the steering committee meeting.
- The Steering committee will decide on the attribution of the CIS Collaboration grant within 2 weeks after the amended proposal submission deadline.
Number of total grants available: 2
Launch of call: Sep. 1, 2022
Deadline: Nov. 15, 2022
Start date: TBD
Duration: 1 year per grant
Grant value: 100k / year (per grant)
Contact and application submission: Please contact Jan Kerschgens, Executive Director CIS, [email protected]
Note: This call is open to EPFL professors only