Welcome to the TIS Laboratory
The Chair for Technology and Innovation Strategy uses methods from data science and econometrics to investigate technology and innovation strategy. We collaborate with scientists from a variety of other fields, including economics, computer science, law, and energy. We also train students, managers, and executives in business analytics, big data, data science, and machine learning.
Our research focuses on topics such as data-driven strategy, decision making under uncertainty, digital transformation, patenting and intellectual property protection, computational law, inventor mobility, and the effect of competitive pressure by the marketplace on innovation and the strategic use of AI.
- See CV and biography for Professor Younge.
- See research for current working papers.
- See teaching for courses at EPFL.
- See DSFM for information on our 5-day Data Science bootcamp.
- See datasets for open source datasets.
- See software for open source tools.
- see postdocs for open research positions in the lab.
- See internships for open internships in industry sponsored by the lab.
- See projects for part-time semester projects supervised by the lab.
- See team for member of the lab..
- See contact for all other questions.