- Numerical approximation of nonlinear equations.
- Interpolation, approximation of functions and data.
- Numerical integration and derivation.
- Numerical Linear Algebra (direct and iterative methods).
- Numerical approximation of eigenvalue problems.
- Numerical methods for Ordinary Differential Equations.
- Stability, conditioning, and convergence properties of the numerical methods; error analysis.
- Implementation of the numerical algorithms in MATLAB.
Analysis (Calculus); Linear Algebra.
Important concepts to start the course
Basic knowledge of MATLAB or GNU Octave software; basic programming.