Where and when:
Continueing Analysis I, we study core concepts of analysis with a particular focus on multivariate calculus and differential equations.
The core topics of the class will be
- Curves, surfaces and planes
- The Euclidian space and functions of several variables
- Limits and continuity in several variables
- Differentiation of functions of several variables
- Extrema of functions, unconstrained and constrained
- Gradient, Laplacian, Jacobian, Hessian etc
- Multi-dimensional integrals
- Linear differential equations
Text: We will loosely follow
J. Douchet and B. Zwahlen, Calcul differential et integral, 2011
as well as notes on various selected topics.
Prerequisites: It is expected that students have passed Analysis I and Linear Algebra.
Class notes: The class is given through a tablet and all notes are available right after class on the moodle page.
Exercises: There will be weekly exercises throughout the semester.
Exams: The exam will be a written examination.
Grading: Grading will be based solely on the written examination.