- Majed Chergui is the keynote speaker of the 78th “Sir Jesse Boot Lecture” at the University of Nottingham, where he will talk about “Ultrafast Chemical Dynamics in Solution: Optical and X-ray studies”.
- Thomas Rossi is awarded the Teaching Awards by the Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Section for his assistantship in the course “Molecular Physics”. Congratulations Thomas!
- Majed Chergui is giving an Inaugural Visionary Lecture at the OSA Frontiers in Optics and Laser Science meeting (Washington DC, September 2017).
Congratulations to Dr. Edoardo Baldini is awarded a 2017 Chorafas Prize “for outstanding work in selected fields in the engineering sciences, medicine and the natural sciences” related to his doctoral thesis.
Edoardo Baldini, Tania Palmieri, Thomas Rossi, Oppermann, Enrico Pomarico, Gerald Auböck, and Majed Chergui
“Interfacial Electron Injection Probed by a Substrate-Specific Excitonic Signature.”
JACS, web publication on August 1, 2017.
E. Baldini, A. Dominguez, L. Chiodo, E. Sheveleva, M. Yazdi-Rizi, C. Bernhard, A. Rubio, and M. Chergui.
“Anomalous anisotropic exciton temperature dependence in rutile TiO2.”
Physical Review B 96, 2017.
- Our study on excitons in anatase TiO2 is published in Nature Communication and is featured on the EPFL homepage and on phys.org.
E. Baldini, L. Chiodo, A. Dominguez, M. Palummo, S. Moser, M. Yazdi-Rizi, G. Auböck, B.P.P. Mallett, H. Berger, A. Magrez, C. Bernhard, M. Grioni, A. Rubio, M. Chergui.
“Strongly bound excitons in anatase TiO2 single crystals and nanoparticles.”
Nature Communications 8(13), 2017.
- Congratulation to Dr. Fabio Santomauro for the public thesis defense.
- Our X-ray study on Cs-lead halide perovskite nanocrystals is published in Structural dynamics and is featured in Physics Today.
Fabio G. Santomauro, Jakob Grilj, Lars Mewes, Georgian Nedelcu, Sergii Yakunin, Thomas Rossi, et al.
“Localized holes and delocalized electrons in photoexcited inorganic perovskites: Watching each atomic actor by picosecond X-ray absorption spectroscopy.”
Structural Dynamics 4, 2017.
- Congratulation to Dr. Edoardo Baldini for your public PhD thesis defense!