The quest for better health is a story that has been unfolding over millennia. The latest chapters provide, through the scientific approach, better detection, prevention and treatment of illnesses.
In this context, our laboratory focuses on the:
- efficacy of nanostructured systems for their potential applications in novel medical modalities, such as photodynamic therapy (PDT);
- oxidative stress, free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS);
- performance of commercial anti-oxidants;
- scavengers of free radicals and ROS;
- role of heavy metal ions in neuro-degenerative diseases;
- free radicals in cigarette smoke.