15. The Difficult Double
The culture of architecture is based on misunderstandings and tweaked stories. Bad reading, simplification and superficial interpretation of something far away, both in space and time, has been the engine of quite many of the avant-gardes of the recent past.
For this course we invited a generation of architects to confront themselves with their ‘ancestors’. Each of the authors was asked to show an appropriated fragment of cultural history. Both author and fragment compose a ‘double portrait’, a ‘difficult duo’ that tells more about the project of the one invited than a simple office presentation would do. The totality of these micro stories will inevitably create an alternative history, an accumulated set of cultural knowledge.
1. Emmanuel Christ (Christ & Gantenbein) / Hans Poelzig
Mo 02.03.2015, 5.00 pm
2. Oliver Thill (Kempe Thill) / Heinrich Tessenow
Mo 16.03.2015, 6.30pm
3. Oliver Lütjens and Thomas Padmanabhan / Peter Märkli
Mo 23.03.2105, 5.00 pm
4. Wilfried Kuehn (Kuehn Malvezzi) / Carlo Mollino
Mo 20.042015, 5.00 pm
5. Wonne Ickx (PRODUCTORA) / Ricardo Legorreta
Mo 27.04.2015, 5.00pm
6. Go Hasegawa / Kazunari Sakamoto
Monday 27th April 6.30pm