EPFL SB IMA
MA B1 533
Phone: +41 21 693 2739
Fax: +41 21 693 5840
Email: [email protected]
I have completed my PhD and I am now a PostDoc in Bonn.
- February 12, 1984: born in Herrenberg, Germany
- June 2003: Abitur from Gymnasium Weilheim, Weilheim i. OB., Germany
- October 2008: Diplom in mathematics from Universität Paderborn, Germany
- Since November 2008: PhD student at EPFL
- Spring 2011: Computer Algebra (main assistant), semester project on the width of prismatoids
- Fall 2010: Combinatorial Optimization (main assistant)
- Spring 2010: Computer Algebra (main assistant)
- Fall 2009: Mathematics of Machine Learning (main assistant), semester project on oriented matroid-based abstraction for the diameter of polytopes
- Spring 2009: Optimization (main assistant), semester project on Gomory-Hu trees
- Summer 2007: Datenstrukturen und Algorithmen (student assistant)
- Winter 2006: Einführung in Berechenbarkeit, Komplexität und formale Sprachen (student assistant)
On sub-determinants and the diameter of polyhedra2012. 28th Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2012), Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, June 17-20, 2012.
Covering Cubes and the Closest Vector Problem2011. 27th Annual Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2011), Paris, France, June 13-15, 2011. p. 417-423.
Scheduling periodic tasks in a hard real-time environment2010. 37th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP2010), Bordeaux, France, July 5-10, 2010. p. 299-311.
Testing additive integrality gaps2010. 21st ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, Austin, Texas, January 17-19, 2010. p. 1227-1234.
This is a more or less random collection of texts related to various topics in mathematics and computer science that I have written over the years. You may or may not find them useful; in any case, treat them as if they were full of mistakes, and please drop me an email if you find any.
- My blog, in particular: entries about mathematics
- Slides for my talk on the polynomial Hirsch conjecture at the IPAM workshop “Quo vadis Hirsch conjecture” (January 2011)
- Slides for my talk “Efficiency of linear programming and the polnomial Hirsch conjecture” at the 7th Swiss Graduate Colloquium (February 2011)
- Combinatorial abstractions for the diameter of polytopes (diploma thesis)
- Preflow-Push Algorithmen (undergrad seminar in computer science, in German)
- Symbolische Dynamik (undergrad seminar in mathematics, in German)