Frédéric Mila was born in Toulouse, France, in 1962.
He got his degree from Ecole Polytechnique (Paris) in 1983, and his PhD from the Université d’Orsay in 1987 for his work on the theory of surface phonons done at the Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique (Saclay).
He then joined T. M. Rice’s group as a post-doc at the ETH-Zürich (1987-89) to work on high temperature cuprate superconductors, in particular on the explanation of NMR experiments.
He continued to work on strongly correlated system as a post-doc in Rutgers University (1989-91), then as a chef de travaux in Neuchâtel.
In 1993, he got a permanent position at CNRS (chargé de recherche de première classe) and joined the Group of Theoretical Physics of the Université Paul Sabatier à Toulouse (France).
In 2000, he was appointed as a Professor of Theoretical Physics at the Université de Lausanne, and since october 2003, he is Professor at the EPFL, leading the chair of Condensed Matter Theory.
- ANALYSIS OF MAGNETIC-RESONANCE EXPERIMENTS IN YBA2CU3O7, F. Mila and T. Rice, Phys. C 157, 561-570 (1989)
- Magnetic superstructure in the two-dimensional quantum antiferromagnet SrCu2(BO3)(2), K. Kodama, M. Takigawa, M. Horvatic, C. Berthier, H. Kageyama, Y. Ueda, S. Miyahara, F. Becca and F. Mila, Science 298, 395-399 (2002)
- Low-energy sector of the S=1/2 Kagome antiferromagnet, F. Mila, Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 2356-2359 (1998)
- Li2VO(Si, Ge)O-4, a prototype of a two-dimensional frustrated quantum Heisenberg antiferromagnet, R. Melzi, P. Carretta, A. Lascialfari, M. Mambrini, M. Troyer, P. Millet and F. Mila, Phys. Rev. Lett. 85, 1318-1321 (2000)
- Ladders in a magnetic field: a strong coupling approach, F. Mila, European Phys. J. B 6, 201-205 (1998)
- PARAMETERS OF A HUBBARD HAMILTONIAN TO DESCRIBE SUPERCONDUCTING CU OXIDES, F. Mila, Phys. Rev. B 38, 11358-11367 (1988)
- Quadrupolar phases of the S=1 bilinear-biquadratic Heisenberg model on the triangular lattice, A. Laeuchli, F. Mila and K. Penc, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 087205 (2006)
- Tetrahedral clusters of copper(II): Crystal structures and magnetic properties of Cu2Te2O5X2 (X = Cl, Br), M. Johnsson, K. Tornroos, F. Mila and P. Millet, Chem. Materials 12, 2853-2857 (2000)
- SPIN DYNAMICS OF YBA2CU3O6+X AS REVEALED BY NMR, F. Mila and T. Rice, Phys. Rev. B 40, 11382-11385 (1989)
- PHASE-DIAGRAM OF THE ONE-DIMENSIONAL EXTENDED HUBBARD-MODEL AT QUARTER-FILLING, F. Mila and X. Zotos, Europhysics Lett. 24, 133-138 (1993)