The school will be held at EPFL campus, room BC01.
- Reach Lausanne by plane: the closest international airport is Genève Aéroport. Once at the airport, Lausanne is reachable with a 45′ journey by train. The Starling Hotel Lausanne (see below) can order some taxi from Geneva Airport to the hotel :
Price for 1-3 people : CHF 220.00Price for 4-7 people: CHF 250.00
- Reach Lausanne by train: timetables and tickets available in the SBB website. You may find some taxis in front of the train station any time of the day and night. Some of them accept payments with credit card.
The average price (depending on time and traffic) is CHF 30.- one way.
- The closest underground line stop is “EPFL”, line M1. In general, the city is served by a very dense network of public transport (t-l). If you are staying in a hotel, ask for the Lausanne Transport Card, which entitles you to use public transport for free during your stay. Late at night or early in the morning, make use of the taxibus, cheaper than normal taxis.
The organisation has an agreement with the Starling Hotel Lausanne (8′ walk) at the following conditions:
- Single Business room CHF 160.00 (per room)
- Double Business room CHF 195.00 (per room)
- Single room “Supérieure” CHF 185.00 (per room)
Breakfast is included, but you have to add a 3.50 CHF (per person, per day) tourist tax.
We will provide you with the lunch vouchers for EPFL’s cafeteria (Le Parmentier) at the registration, please fill them with your name. Coffee breaks are offered to all participants. A social dinner is scheduled on Thursday, January 30th, at 7 p.m. at “Chalet Suisse”: the dinner’s main course is a typical cheese fondue, if you have any dietary requirement, please let us know at the registration.