While its development is primarily motivated by the gaming industry, virtual reality has a number of potential uses for science and technology. Particular applications for which the immersion in a virtual environment can be advantageous include:
- exploring complex datasets
- training, especially if the real environment is not accessible
- dangerous environment exploration
- demonstration & marketing
The CoViz3 room is designed to assist EPFL members to obtain a first impression of virtual reality and its potential use for their scientific / technological applications.
- Graphics workstation with high-end graphics card (Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti)
- Visualization & graphics software
- HTC Vive Pro headset (loaned by EPFL Safety Competence Center)
CoViz3 is located in room ME A1 404.