Grants from the social commission of EPFL
According the Directive concerning the awarding of study LEX 2.10.2: Grants and excellence fellowships by the Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), EPFL is dedicated to supporting students registered at the EPFL, in particular when their financial situation makes it difficult for them to complete their studies.
- Swiss students or residents may ask it already for the first year at EPFL. The condition to get the renewal of the grant is the success of the academic year.
- Foreigner students, may ask it only at the earliest after successfully finishing one year at EPFL. The requested average is 4.5.
- These grants are awarded following a change in social, family and/or economic situation. Applications are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- These grants are subject to defined criteria, given to very few students and do not by any means represent a student’s right.
Please ask for an appontments with the social service. Applications should be submitted to the Student desk within the following deadlines:
- 15 May of each year (for autumn semester)
- 15 February of each year (for spring semester)