The Materials and Bioengineering DLL provides the infrastructure and tools to discover the practical aspects of the design, the processing, and the characterization of materials, as well as the basic tools in bioengineering, and allows the students to participate in interdisciplinary projects covering these aspects as well as the interface between materials and bioengineering.
It is structured the following pillars:
- Materials processing (production methods)
- Microstructural analysis (microscopy, indentation)
- Characterization of physical and mechanical properties
- Performance analysis, including durability, recycling, and life-cycle analysis
- Cell culture and its interaction with materials
These workspaces will provide students with the means to discover and understand the practical aspects of materials science and engineering and bioengineering.