Nature, in Code
Did you ever wonder about the rules that govern life? How does natural selection influence a population? Can gene mutations be useful?
EPFL, July 8-11, 2019
- Did you ever wonder about the rules that govern life?
- How does natural selection influence a population?
- Can gene mutations be useful?
Come and join us, code your own simulations and show the results to your friends!
You will learn:
- Key biological concepts that govern life
- How to simulate the effect of these biological concepts
When : July 8- 11 2019, from 09:00 to 16:00
Where : EPFL
Who: High school students (Gymnase, Lycée level) having passed their first year. No prior programming knowledge required. Half of the places are reserved for girls.
Language: Handsout in French. Course taught in French and English
Registration fee: CHF 50.- (not including VAT)
Lunches are included
The course material is based on the book “Nature, in Code” by M. Salathé, EPFL professor in the School of Computer and Communication Science and the School of Life Sciences.
This summer school is supported by the School of Computer and Communication Sciences and the Study Programs Promotion Service.