In collaboration with Ferring Pharmaceutical, Merck and Supply Chain Operations SA, the IML (International Institute for the Management of Logistics) in Lausanne, part of EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne) is privileged to announce the launch of the Healthcare Supply Chain Academy (HSCA) program.
This eleven-week supply chain management program will provide a unique opportunity for life science professionals to sharpen their supply chain knowledge and create immediate value to their employers. The program is designed for highly experienced supply chain practitioners, however the blended training sessions will also benefit industry specific experts in other fields, such as Marketing, Regulatory, Quality/Compliance and/or Finance, looking to develop their understanding of supply chain management..
Participants who successfully complete the program will receive an official Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) diploma from the EPFL.
This intensive program is composed of three different modules:
- Module 1: Six weeks of innovative remote supply chain learning (e-training, collaborative simulation tool and readings) based on academic and practical work.
- Module 2: One week of intensive on-site classes and case studies at the IML/EPFL in Lausanne.
- Module 3: Four weeks work on a supply chain business project defined by the student’s company.
The HSCA will be organized in small classes to maximize student interactions with teachers and allow tailored coaching by the Faculty members, creating opportunities for “supply chainers” to enhance their knowledge, managerial capabilities and network with more than 900 IML graduates from over 76 countries.
The idea was initiated from the industry four months ago and a team composed of two main local biopharma players (Ferring Pharmaceuticals and Merck), supply chain professionals and academics worked together and under the umbrella of the IML. The HSCA concept was born.
Professor Philippe Wieser, Director at IML, said: “IML brings 25 years of supply chain research, education and expertise to the healthcare sector booming around the lake of Geneva. The HSCA has been initiated and supported by global industry leaders Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Merck and Supply Chain Operations SA. I am delighted by such collaboration between academics and business private sector professionals and excited to run the first sessions of such a smart and full-bodied academy in June and in October 2016.”
The HSCA headquarters are located at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), within the International Institute for the Management of Logistics (IML) and the College of Management of Technology.
Values and Benefits
- Successful training program awarded by a CAS (Certificate of Advanced Studies) from the EPFL in Lausanne
- Excellent cross enterprise training to sharpen your value chain knowledge
- Validation of supply chain knowledge and experience with a post-academic diploma
- Breakthrough drill to enhance your supply chain managerial capabilities and network with more than 900 IML graduates from over 76 countries
- Small classes for maximizing interaction with teachers and allowing tailored coaching by the faculty members
- 25 years of the IML experience to develop this new CAS focused on healthcare supply chain specificities
- Immediate value creation with company’s specific and practical case studies under the supervision of key professionals
- Best practice sharing across students and faculty members
- Concentrated training with limited business disruption
- Preparing pool of specialists for the next carrier steps in global supply chain management
- Opportunity to generate value chain cross-functional views and visions among other healthcare professionals