- Anticipate the purchase of airline tickets (lower price).
- Purchase the most advantageous tickets within the limits of a reasonable flight time.
- Favour the Economy Class.
- Miles and other bonuses that airlines offer to travelers must be used primarily for professional purposes.
How to book your flight?
Once the travel request has been validated by your supervisor, the EPFL Travel Agency (CWT) offers two solutions for making your reservations. You can:
What information should you send to the Agency?
- Before ordering airline tickets via CWT, make sure that your travel profile is up to date on the Travel Agency’s portal: CWT Portal – My Profile.
- It is important to update your mobile phone number to receive notifications via the “CWT to Go” application or to be contacted by International SOS, the medical and security assistance.
- Airline tickets can be ordered by phone, e-mail or online, via the SESAME-booking tool.
- In order to ensure that the latter is processed quickly and efficiently, please indicate:
- The travel number.
- The number of the fund to be charged.
- The surnames and forenames indicated on the passport as well as the SCIPER number.
- The destination.
- Travel dates and, if possible, desired departure and arrival times.
- If carry-on luggage or checked baggage.
This tool allows you to book your airline tickets (including those for which the price is negotiated by EPFL or the Swiss Confederation) in just a few minutes, thanks to a simple web interface. You log in, search for the flight that suits you and choose the ticket that will be charged directly to the desired fund centre. Note that the tool is designed for single destination travels.
The Agency’s Central Technical Service (TSC) team is at your disposal to provide you with the first level of support when using SESAMe-booking or for the management of your travel profile:
- Navigation aid (SESAME-booking or CWT Portal – My Profile).
- Help with your login (including password reset).
- Incident report.
TSC agents will answer you from Monday to Friday from 09:00 am to 05:00 pm in French, German or English.
E-mail adress: [email protected]
Phone: +41 58 322 25 50
The EPFL travel agency is at your disposal to organize your business trips. Specialized in business travel, its agents are present on the campus. Buy plane tickets, travel formalities, accommodation, and car rental: do not hesitate to consult them. They will be happy to answer your questions and help you plan your stay.
Monday to Friday: 9am to noon / 1pm to 4pm
Adresse e-mail: [email protected]
Tél. 0041 58 322 24 30
Fax. 0041 22 592 75 87
Adresse postale: CWT – CE 0 212 – Station 1 – 1015 Lausanne