For security reasons, WordPress does not allow you to download certain types of files. The supported files are the following:
Images : .jpg,.jpeg,.gif,.png, .ico
Documents : .pdf,.doc,.docx,.ppt,.pptx,.pps,.ppsx,.odt,.xls,.xlsx,.psd,.psd
Audio : .mp3, .mp4, .0gg, .wav
Video : .mp4, .m4v, .mov, .wmv, .avi, .mpg, .ogv, .3gp, .3g2
Adding a link to a file
- In the edit area, click where you want to insert a link.
- Click the Add Media button
- Upload a file from your computer or select a file from the media library and insert it into the page.
- If you want to replace the file name with another text and/or if you want the linked file to open in a new window/tab, click on the link and then on and then on and make the desired changes
Editing a link to a file
WordPress does not really offer tools to edit a link to a file. The easiest way is to completely remove the link and insert a new one following the procedure described above.
Deleting a link to a file
- Click on the text that has the link.
- Click on the button
You can also simply delete the text that has the link