Complexity rules for valid passwords
Nowadays it is very important to choose passwords that cannot be easily guessed. Please therefore observe the following rules:
- be long enough, 10 characters minimum, but not too long : max. 54 characters
- include at least one character from each of the lowercase, uppercase, numbers and special character sets
- only ASCII character set : no accent!
- not contain any information from your identity record (name, given name, birth date, username, etc…),
- not contain words or sequence of words out of the dictionary.
Those rules are enforced when you need to chose a new password, and your proposed passwords will be rejected unless all of the above criteria are met.
Note : When changing your password, always choose a password that you have never used before, as this password is also used on Active Directory which remembers all your old passwords and prevents them from being used again.