In order to create a Gaspar account for someone, the following conditions must be met:
- the person is accredited within an EPFL unit (staff, guest or non EPFL status),
- the user performing the operation must have the “Administration of Gaspar accounts” right for the relevant unit.
- go to gaspar.epfl.ch
- login with your Gaspar username and password
- click on the Management tab
- enter the name or the sciper number of the person whose account you are creating
- enter your own password in the appropriate field
- enter a new password for the account being created
- confirm the password
You can then transmit, in a secure manner, the username and password to its owner and ask him/her to change the password upon first use. The following rules apply to new passwords:
- be long enough, 10 characters minimum,
- include at least one character from each of the lowercase, uppercase, numbers and special character sets. Note: Gaspar only supports the ASCII character set (no accent for example),
- not contain any information from your identity record (name, given name, birth date, username, etc…),
- not contain words or sequence of words out of the dictionary.