Flat sharing is a common sharing of an apartment. It has to be done officially, with the agreement of the owner or real estate agency. It can be done in two different ways:
- People living in flat sharing sign the lease all together
- The main renter takes one or several sub-renters, but stays the only and unique person responsible in case of litigation with the owner or the real estate agency
Warning: In any case, a rental or sub-rental lease has to be signed among the renters
- Prepare a full application file (see also the practical advice page)
- Make sure the owner/the agency of the apartment allows flat sharings
- Agree with the owner/agency about the lease and sub-lease terms before the lease signature.
- Be prepared to have a Swiss guarantor in case the landlord/the agency is asking for one.
- Make a good impression during visits and when contacting people, as this can often make the difference during the allocation decisions.
Some articles regarding flatsharing (only in French): Immoscout24 ►
Immoscout24: Creating a flatshare ►: some points to remember (only in French, German or Italian)
Comparis: 11 Questions and answers on subrentals ► (only in French)