Velospot replaces PubliBike in central Valais. The EPFL community can take out an annual or half-yearly subscription at a preferential rate. This gives access to all other Swiss Velospot networks from June 2023, except for the one in Ticino.
Velospot operates self-service bicycles and e-bikes. With more than 2’200 bikes and 800 stations, Velospot is present in 7 networks.
To test this new offer, you can benefit from a credit of CHF 5.00 by inserting the promo code “BIENVENUEVS” on your Velospot account before 30 June 2023.
The EPFL community can take out a Velospot annual subscription (CHF 50.- instead of CHF 99.-) or a six-month subscription (CHF 25.-), valid from the time of registration. The first 30 minutes of each journey (bike or e-bike) are free of charge, after which the per-minute rate applies (bike: CHF 0.10, e-bike: CHF 0.20).
- To have Velospot create your account at EPFL preferential rates, please contact [email protected].
- Create a Velospot account with the EPFL address via the dedicated app, available on Google Play or the l’App Store, or the website.
- Insert the partner code “EPFLSPOT” and the verification code received by SMS to benefit from the EPFL discount.
- Select the desired subscription: EPFL Classic 365 days (annual) or EPFL Classic 183 days (half-yearly).
- If you have not already done so, insert the code “BIENVENUEVS” to receive a credit of CHF 5.
- Proceed with the payment in order to receive the 8-digit code for the opening of the bikes by email. This code is also available in your customer account, in the “my subscriptions” tab.
- Search for the nearest station in the Velospot App and borrow a mechanical or e-bike!
The network in the central Valais comprises almost 52 stations and 240 bicycles spread over the following 12 communes: Ardon, Chalais, Conthey, Grône, Nendaz, Noble-Contrée, Salquenen, Savièse, St-Léonard, Sierre, Sion and Vétroz. The EPFL Classic subscription gives access to all other Velospot networks in Switzerland. → See the map
- Pick up a bike at a Velospot station. Press the on/off button on the lock (blue LED).
- Enter the opening code received by e-mail on the lock (or present the Velospot card).
- Green LED: code accepted / red LED: code refused – try again.
- Open the lock. Make sure the ring is not blocked by a spoke.
- Optional: Press the “electricity” button on the lock to activate the battery built into the e-bikes or insert the customer battery into the e-bikes/bicycles.
- When you rent a bike, you can lock it at any time outside a Velospot station. Simply lower the red lever as if you were returning a bike to a Velospot station. A red flashing of the lock accompanied by a long beep confirms that the process is complete. When the lock is properly closed, other users cannot access the rented bike.
- Note: If you lock your bike outside of a Velospot station, your ride and the related costs will continue.
- Drop the bike off at a Velospot station. Press the on/off button (white LED).
- Manually close the lock with the red pull tab and hold it down until 2 beeps are heard.
- Bicycle locked.
- End of race confirmation sent by email/push alert. Also visible on your account, under “my races”.
- The locks of e-bikes with insufficient battery life remain closed.
- To activate the e-bike battery, simply press the “electricity” button on the lock for 2 seconds.
- As soon as the e-bike battery is activated, a supplement will be charged per journey for the use of the bike’s battery (see your subscription details).
- The headlights must be switched on via the dynamo when the bike is used mechanically.
- To switch on the headlights, simply press the red button on the dynamo until it touches the front wheel. In the case of e-bikes, the headlights are switched on automatically.