Infoscience is the institutional repository at EPFL that contains more than 140,000 documents (articles, book chapters, proceedings, thesis, posters, etc.) resulting from the scientific production of EPFL researchers.
Infoscience participates in the EPFL’s commitment to Open Access to scientific information (Green Open Access). EPFL researchers are encouraged to deposit the fulltext of their productions in order to benefit from the free and wide dissemination of research results and the long-term archiving of publications.
The deposit of a document into Infoscience is subject to publishers’ conditions that vary by publishers and journals in which the article is published.
- Full text versions:
- Preprint = first draft of the manuscript not accepted, before peer-review process;
- Postprint or Author Accepted Manuscript = accepted manuscript after peer-review, without copyediting, neither typesetting, nor proof correction from the publisher;
- Publisher’s version = final version with the publisher’s layout.
- The embargo period may vary from 0 to 48 months depending on the archived version and the publishers’ conditions (listed on the website Sherpa/Romeo and on the publisher’s website).
EPFL thesis are also deposited in Infoscience by the Library.
For any questions about the right to deposit, contact [email protected].
The Library offers services to EPFL researchers and labs:
- Support on publication submission
- Bibliographic data curation
- Training on platform use
- Profiled editorial options for labs
- Expertise on funders’ requirements and publishers’ policies
- Guidance on Green Open Access publishing
Help and contact
Need some assistance? Visit the website help-infoscience.epfl.ch or contact us by mail, the Infoscience Library team will respond within 48 hours.