MUN EPFL is an association that simulates the United Nations, organizes debates around international politics and training for a wide range of communication skills. Its members travel around the world to represent EPFL and Switzerland, regularly winning awards.
Our ambition is to fill the soft skills gap on the EPFL campus. We believe in empowering science and engineering students through diverse activities and workshops that aim to improve their confidence, public speaking skills, ability to network and connect with people and enrich their thinking and knowledge of international politics at the same time.
Do you fill any of the following profiles? Join us: we definitely have something for you!
- If you feel you should be learning something else on the top of solving integrals.
- If you would like to boost your confidence, learn to stand up for yourself and become more assertive.
- If you want to ensure your professional success by mastering the art of presenting, nailing job interviews and pitching your ideas.
- If the idea of public speaking daunts or frightens you. We’ll help you go from 0 to a 100 in a couple of months.
- If you want to improve your English all while having fun.
- If you want to join one of the most dynamic and fast-rising associations on campus, to help organize awesome events.
- If you want to make new friends and meet some awesome people from very diverse backgrounds.
What exactly do we do on campus?
- Organize weekly debates about subjects of international politics: students play the role of country delegates, lobbying to ensure that their political interests stay on the table.
- Prepare our students to travel around the world as part of the official MUN EPFL delegation, representing the EPFL and Switzerland in MUN conferences: they consist of crazed debating & lobbying punctuated by mind-blowing socials with students from all over the world. Still not impressed? Hear that: we subsidize you to attend these conferences!
- Organize public speaking workshops throughout the year, free and open to all students. We bring in experts to teach you the art of speaking, right on campus!
- Organize a yearly public speaking contest in the autumn semester, with amazing prizes for the winners: high-tech products and life-changing opportunities! Have a look at the past editions.
- Animate the campus by holding stands at several events and places around the campus: association week, Vivapoly, Balélec… You name it, you’ll find us there.
- Organize any other event we find interesting. We welcome your suggestions!