The work place for this project will the Paul Scherrer Insitute (PSI), where the project will be conducted in collaboration of the Bioenergy and Catalysis Laboratory and the Operando X-ray Spectroscopy group. You will be enrolled as PhD student in the doctoral program of EPFL, from which you will receive the PhD title under supervision of Prof. Oliver Kröcher.
- You work will be focused on tailored iron-zeolites for the synthesis of sustainable chemicals.
- You will decipher structure-function relationships of these catalysts by means of in situ/operando spectroscopic methods in the laboratory as well as at synchrotron research facilities.
- To complement the experimental work and get more insight in the overall reaction mechanism you will perform theoretical calculations.
- You have a Master degree in physical chemistry or a related field.
- You have acquired first experience in catalysis, spectroscopy or DFT.
- You have a good command of written and spoken English.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture.
Please apply online through this link: https://www.psi.ch/en/pa/job-opportunities/58639-phd-student.