Waste collection structure
- Peeling and food left-overs from the restaurants are transformed into biogas at the Saugealles farm
- Each workplace has its own container for paper recycling
- The IT repair center (CRI) collects computers, printers, peripheral devices, displays, keyboards, cables, etc. from the EPFL (yellow barcode)
- At each level of EPFL buildings, containers are available for the recovery of paper, aluminum, PET and glass
- Each building also have a mini center for cardboard, batteries and toner recycling
Main waste-recycling center
The main waste recycling center is open from Monday, 7:30am to Friday 3pm. If you have any question, please contact Mr Stephen Poplineau, in charge of recycling: +41 (0) 21 69 32079.
For hazardous waste, each Faculty is organised according to its specific requirements.
In order to reduce the production of waste linked to takeaway meals, the food trucks will no longer provide disposable dishes, EPFL is testing a reusable lunchbox between September 12 and December 19, 2017.
Clients get a 10% discount on their hot beverages at the Arcadie, Epicure and CyberCafé if they bring their own cup.