The General Counsel, reporting to the President, is responsible for legal affairs. It is also responsible for coordinating the Presidency’s affairs and accrediting units.
In the context of legal affairs, the General Counsel’s mission is to:
- Prepare and implement all legislative texts within the competence of the EPFL management, while ensuring the consultations required by law
- Write legal opinions at the request of the EPFL Presidency
- Assume legal responsibility for opinions issued
- Direct or coordinate internal procedures (disciplinary or administrative)
- Defend EPFL in cases of requests made by third parties
- Coordinate procedures affecting professors
- Update the Polylex site, official collection of legislative texts applicable to EPFL
- Participate in the elaboration, correction and validation of contracts at the EPFL Presidency level (Polycontract)
- Assuring communication with the press in relation to legal matters.
General Counsel: Susan Killias
Project manager: David Gozel
All the information concerning the accreditation and administration of EPFL units.
Main rules, practices and values governing EPFL
This service reflects EPFL’s determination to protect the health of its employees at the workplace.