Since 2010, the EPFL and UniL Equal Opportunities Offices have been organising holiday activities for the children of employees of both institutions.
These activities are open to girls and boys from 7-9 years old or from 9 to 12 years old (camps at EPFL) and from 9-12 years old (camps at UNIL). Places are limited to 20 kids (10 kids from each institution).
The activities are held from Mondays to Fridays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Meals are taken together and are prepared by a caterer with the label Fourchette verte. Children bring their own morning and afternoon snacks.
The price for the whole week (including lunch, activities and material) is CHF 250.- CHF 215.- for other kids of the same family participating to the same week.
Given the success of these weeks, the places are allocated by draw of a lottery. Priority will be given to children who have not yet participated in a week of activities in 2016, 2017 or 2018.
- July 22 to 26, 2019 – The totem tree – 1 week of games and discoveries inspired by nature: cooperation, harmony and exploration on the program!
- April 23 to 26, 2019 – Act 4 Change. For kids aged 9 to 12.
- October 15 to 19, 2018 – Act 4 Change
- July 16 to 20, 2018 – Theatre and Nature
- April 9 to 13, 2018 – Theatre and Nature
- July 17 to 21, 2017 – Theatre and Nature
- April 18 to 21, 2017 – Theatre and Nature
- July 18 to 22, 2016 – Theatre, Tales and Nature!
- April 4 to 8 ,2016 – Theatre and Nature!
- (camps 2010 – 2014)
Information regarding the holiday activities during the summer at UNIL are available HERE
- Science Outreach Department, EPFL
Workshops, courses and camps organized by EPFL’s Science Outreach Department (SPS).
- CSS Academy, Centre Sport et Santé du Service des Sports UNIL-EPFL
multiple sport activities by the day for children aged 8 to 12 for children aged 8 to 12 (information)
- Sports Center, UniL
Discover laser sailing, windsurfing, kayaking and SUP (Stand Up Paddle).
Learn the basics of sailing (Laser and HobbieCat) and deepen your knowledge, practice manoeuvres, enjoy the pleasure of sliding on the water. For teens aged 11-18. Information: [email protected] ou [email protected]
- Sports Center, UniL
Ski camp in Les Diablerets. Only for 7 to 14 year old children, one of whose parents is a member of the UniL/EPFL community (information)
Activities for children aged 4 to 10 during school holidays.
Check out the programs:
- Wednesdays (Sep 2019 – June 2020)
- autumn 2019 program
- February 2020 (day by day)
- February 2020 (full week)
A discount price is granted for EPFL members. Therefore please enter your @epfl email address when registering.
You will find more information on the website
The Lausanne City Youth and Leisure Office offers activities during the school holidays, ranging from camps in the mountains to daily options.
The website of the French Speaking Group for Youth Activities (GRAJ) provides a directory of holiday camps in the French-speaking part of Switzerland.
In many communes, there is a PASSEPORT-VACANCES for youngsters. Children of school age thereby have the opportunity of participating a multitude of activities which usually take place in a day. On the Pro Juventute website you will find information about “Holidays-Passports” in your area.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of holiday activities by the day/half day.
- Chavannes-près-Renens (Métro Crochy), offered by the Circus SchoolKids Up;
- Bercher, offered by the Circus School C’est le Cirque;
- Ecublens, offered by the Circus School Shanju;
Daily activities and holiday camps organised by ProNatura
Holiday activites by “Les graines de Curieux” in Ecublens
Daily holiday activities in St-Sulpice offered by Ecoline;
“Discovering horses” holiday workshops for children aged 6 to 10 years old, Cery Farm;
English camps offered by the Key English School in Geneva, Vaud and Valais;
Bricks 4 Kidz® holiday activities are an educational and fun way for children to spend their school break with the LEGO® bricks; in St-Sulpice.
Camps and daily activities offered by MJSR
Camps organised by AJN in Nyon
Do not hesitate to tell us about other holiday camps you may have heard of!!!
Many students/secondary school students look for work during the holidays. Here are 2 classified ads websites: myjob.epfl.ch & Adosjob